CLICK HERE to see the sample SOAP note for mental health counselors shown in the video above.
In this brief presentation I’ll show you a sample SOAP Note using the auto-fill SOAP note form in the SOAP and Progress Note Tool Kit. which you can download immediately on the Home page of this blog.
If you have watched our other videos you already know that SOAP stands for Subjective, Objective, Assessment and Plan – in this video we go over a real progress note so you can see what kind of data belongs in each category.
Take Away Tip: Use an automated form like this to:
- Make writing SOAP notes easier, neater and convenient
- Save money by not having to purchase paper and printer ink
- Make sure you password protect all the data
- Neatly organize your computer files
- Back up your data using a secure system
Here are a few links to glossaries for mental status exam terms:
- Columbia University Definitions of some Mental Status Terms
- Psychpage How to Do a Mental Status Exam
For more information on downloading this SOAP Note form as well as other tools and forms to make your job easier go to SOAP Note Example. Or simply click the link in the description below this video.
For more Counseling Forms tips subscribe to my Counseling Forms YouTube Channel